Peterborough Pride 2018.
Running from Friday 29th June to Friday 6th July, this week long city-wide celebration offers something for everyone. Peterborough PRIDE is about providing a platform for coming together, celebrating difference, being proud and showing support for our Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex and Asexual (LGBTQIA+) friends and family.
As is the case in many cities now, we have moved away from a single parade and instead there will be lots of different parties, performances, screenings, events and social gatherings at a whole range of venues.
Whoever you are, this is your PRIDE and you might choose to celebrate in any number of ways – you do not need to be limited by the events in this programme. Organise something with friends, family or work colleagues. For example simply displaying the rainbow flag as a symbol of solidarity is in itself hugely powerful.
Get involved, and contribute to a fantastic and colourful week of laughter, dancing, discussion and performance. Let’s bring Peterborough together in unity not just for PRIDE but into the future creating a city where everyone is respected and welcome.
For further programme updates follow us on:
- Scottee & Friends, 6pm, Metal Chauffeurs Cottage
- Fastlove – A tribute To George Michael, 7.30pm, The Broadway Theatre
- Mixology with Sydney Charles, 10pm Red Room
- LGBTQIA+ Fostering and Adoption Seminar, 10.30am, The Fleet
- Rainbow Story Time, 11am, Central Library
- Pride Cabaret at the Ostrich, 8pm, The Ostrich Inn
- Icons Of Gay Disco, 9pm, The Lightbox Cafe
1st – 6th July
- Pride Reading Room, 10am – 4pm, Metal Chauffeurs Cottgae
- Pride Pit Stop Shop, 12pm – 5pm, Vivacity Shop
- Pink Picnic at The Green Backyard, 12pm – 3pm, The Green Backyard
- Pride Church Service, 7pm – 8pm, St Mary’s Church
- Sardoville Presents For Only An Hour, 7.30pm, Key Theatre, 9pm – 11pm, Key Theatre
- Drag Bingo With Drag King Louis Cyfer, 7.30pm, Key Theatre
- Film: Call Me By Your Name, 7pm, Key Theatre
- Pride Lido Swim Sessions, 7.30pm – 8.30pm, The lido
- Peterborough Feminist Book Club With Chardine Taylor-Stone, 7.30pm – 9.30pm, Metal Chauffuers Cottage
- Tuesdays Til Two; ‘Thank God I’m Gay’, 1 – 2pm, St John’s Church Cathedral Square
- Film: Desert Hearts, 7pm, Key Theatre
- LGBTQIA+ Speed Meeting, 8pm – 10pm, The Lightbox Cafe
- TuesGays Pride 2018, 10pm, Solstice, 7pm, The Brewery Tap
- Pride Fab Painting Jam, 7pm, The Brewery Tap
- A-Gender For Change, 10am – 5pm, City College
- Wellbeing Wednesday, 10am – 6pm, Soul Happy Wellbeing Centre
- Cine-Sister LGBTQIA+ Short Film Night, 7.30pm, Metal Chauffeurs Cottage
- Politics N Pizza Evening, 7.30pm – 9.30pm, Centre 68 (Behind Westgate Church)
- Live broadcast: Everybody’s Talking About Jamie, 7.20pm, Key Theatre
- Embrace, 9pm, the Met Lounge
- Film: Princess Cyd, 7pm, Key Theatre
- Velma Celli and Freakspeak, 7.30pm, The Broadway Theatre
- UROCK Theatre Company Presents Dungeness, 6pm, Metal Chauffeurs Cottage