Dates: Mon 3 – Thurs 6 April
(10am – 5.30pm each day – with live gig on Thurs evening)
Venue: Chalkwell Hall (in Chalkwell Park)
Chalkwell Avenue, Southend SS0 8NB.
SoSlam are working with Metal to run a Culture LAB for young singer / songwriters from across the Borough of Southend-on-Sea.
Up to 10 young musicians who create their own original material will be given the opportunity to work with each other alongside industry professionals for 4 days at Chalkwell Hall in Chalkwell Park.
Over the 4 days you will get the chance to play existing work, workshop with producers, musicians and promoters, and have the time to experiment with different ways of creating and writing new music for live performance and studio recording.
The week will be finished off with a live showcase to an invited audience and there will also be an opportunity (with your school’s permission) to play at Village Green: Next Generation on Friday 7 July 2017.
Benefits to young songwriters / musicians:
– Working together with other like minded young people
– Support network of peers
– Input from professionals
– Opportunity to learn new skills
– Inspiration for new ideas
– Opportunity for experience (recorded and live)
Criteria for Application:-
This opportunity is aimed at young people who are:
– aged between 12 – 18 years.
– creating their own original material
– living in the Borough of Southend-on-Sea
How to Apply:
– Complete the simple application form (below)
– The form asks you to please write 150 words on how you think a LAB like this will help you as a musician / songwriter / performer
– The form asks you to send links of examples of your songs / performance to date if available (live gig filmed? / soundcloud / youtube / or other)
– Signed permission from a parent / guardian will be required from those under the age of 16.
Deadline for submission:
Application Deadline: Friday 17 March 2017
Successful musicians notified: by Friday 24 March 2017
Criteria for Selection:
Representatives from Soslam and Metal will select the winners based on:-
– Potential and promise shown
– Enthusiasm for what the opportunity offers you
– Availability to take part for all 4 days
Other Key Dates:
– LAB: Monday 3 – Thurs 6 April 2017 N.B. all selected musicians MUST be able to attend every day.
– Live Gig – Thurs 6 April 2017 – 8pm-10pm.
For more information:
firstname.lastname@example.org / 01702 470700
There are no related events.