Peterborough Cultural Steering Group is developing a new 10-year cultural strategy for the city, and wish to commission four artists, from Peterborough (and surrounding villages) to:
• Lead conversations about culture with your existing networks – providing insights on identified themes to help the CSG with their future thinking.
• Create artworks that catalyse or reflect on these conversations – for sharing and use on the new CSG website www.PeterboroughCulturalStrategy.org.uk
• Creatively capture/record the ideas people share – giving voice to people who have not been involved in CSG consultations to date or those that perhaps don’t see themselves as ‘cultured’.
This opportunity is open to artists from any artform or discipline (visual artists, illustrators, photographers, writers, poets, film makers, musicians etc) but the final outcome must be presented digitally. You will be mentored by lead artist Kate Genever, and arts organisation Metal.
We are seeking artists interested in using inclusive and collaborative approaches. For example, your conversations may inform a piece of work based on what you hear and learn. Or you might work collaboratively with people, talking and listening as you go, that results in a co-designed artwork that captures ideas. Remember you don’t need to decide on your approach now – the lead artist will support the selected artists with ideas and the process.
FEE: Each selected Artist will be paid a fee of £1,500
TO APPLY – ARE YOU:
• Based in Peterborough and surrounding villages or have strong connections to the city and a wide network of family and friends living there.
• An artist using an artform that can generate work for a digital platform.
• Interested in engaging with people within your own network as part of your making process.
• Keen to facilitate conversations to gather opinion and generate new ideas.
• Happy to work with Kate Genever who will support and mentor you
IMPORTANT: You don’t need to have extensive experience in socially engaged practice, just an interest in connecting to people and thinking about what matters to them.
TIMELINE FOR DELEIVERY:
Photo Credit: Created by Kate Genever, commissioned by Peterborough Presents as part of the Millfield Link Project
There are no related events.