Arts Administrator – Metal: Liverpool
Location: Edge Hill Station, Tunnel Road, Liverpool, L7 6ND
Hours of Work: 9.00am – 17.30pm Monday to Friday
The deadline for all applications is 9:00 am Monday 11th December.
Interviews: Tuesday 19th December
Download the job description and person specification document here:
Arts Administrator Metal Liverpool 2018 job description and person specification
Metal was founded in London in 2002 by Jude Kelly CBE, working with current Artistic Director and CEO, Colette Bailey since its inception. It has been active in Liverpool since 2004, in Southend-on-Sea since 2007 and in Peterborough since 2012.
From these bases, Metal works to provide the catalyst that can transform the potential of people and places, exploring the impact of art and artists’ practices on civic and civil society.
Metal produces an exciting multidisciplinary programme of international and UK artists in residence and runs a wide range of events, exhibitions and participatory projects.
In Liverpool, Metal work from Edge Hill Station, the world’s oldest active passenger railway station. Metal completed a major renovation of the previously empty, historic buildings in 2009. The original 1830s Engine House, Boiler Room and Accumulator Tower now serve as a cultural and creative hub for artists, the neighbourhood and wider city region, carrying on the building’s proud history of innovation, aspiration and technology.
Metal Liverpool’s recent projects have included work with Jeremy Deller, the Turner Prize winning project Granby Workshop with artist collective Assemble, and a site specific presentation of Different Trains with Steve Reich, London Contemporary Orchestra and filmmaker/artist Bill Morrison.
Phone: +44(0) 151 707 2277
Person specification: [E] Essential / [D] Desirable
- Education to GCSE Standard at grades A-C for a minimum of 5 GCSEs, including English and Maths [E]
- At least three years experience in a similar role [E]
- Experience of general office procedures e.g. database management, budget management, computerised record and filing systems, emails etc. [E]
- Experience of financial administration and reporting [E]
- Ability to evidence an interest in the work of Metal Liverpool or an interest in the arts [E]
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, good humour, with a professional and friendly manner [E]
- A commitment to the values of diversity [E]
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office software [E]
- Experience of minute taking and accurate recording of meetings [E]
- Must be able to commit to regular evening and weekend working [E]
- Working as part of a team and on own initiative [E]
- Responding to queries and problem solving [E]
- Diary management and appointment booking using manual and computerised systems [E]
- Strong knowledge and practical experience of social media/digital marketing [D]
- Ability to use Photoshop/ Gimp [D]
- Ensure effective office management and administrative systems for the organization
- Support day to day running of the Metal Liverpool office – answer phones, collect/respond to post and greet visitors to our space
- Support the financial operations of Metal Liverpool – Sending/processing invoices/managing petty cash/expense claim processing/credit card processing/ recording donations
- Manage a stationary and building repairs budget
- Support with building repairs and maintenance – contacting contractors and trades people/sourcing quotes
- Coordinate and administrate artists’ studios, hot desks, office and events hire.
- Manage multiple databases – in accordance with data protection
- Managing the presentation of third party/partner promotional materials within the Metal Liverpool spaces – including a proactive approach to sourcing appropriate materials for presentation (i.e. quality free cultural newspapers, posters, flyers etc.)
- Attend to the upkeep and maintenance of offices and office equipment, including photocopiers/printers, paper, stamps and other stationery, ordering stock as necessary and liaising with other staff members as appropriate; managing the budget for these areas. This will include for example, buying stamps and ensuring that the post is taken every day (including bulky items).
- Administrative and clerical support for Senior Management Team
- Support the reporting requirements of Metal Liverpool
- Contribute to reporting of Metal nationally
- Support staff team with CPD projects’ administration – creating budgets, managing logistics, booking transport and accommodation
- Support senior management team with cross-site meetings/visits– diary management, managing logistics, booking transport and accommodation
- Writing and disseminating minutes for a range of meetings, including weekly staff meetings
- Assisting with filing and archiving
- Other clerical and administrative assistance as required
- Lead on Metal Liverpool’s social media, updating website as necessary and offer support with marketing
- Support in the design of promotional materials for Metal events
- Work with senior management wider Metal team to ensure effective communication across the organisation. This will include, for example:
- Ensuring all staff, board and other key contact details and mailing lists are up to date and well maintained.
- Collating information (copy and images) for e-newsletters
- Assisting with the Programme of Events
- Support with events – logistics, purchasing materials, attending all Metal events – including the regular requirement for evening and weekend working
- Support collaborating/resident artists – booking transport and accommodation, preparing artists welcome packs / keys / paperwork etc for induction to the station.
- Metal has a long standing tradition of engaging arts/ideas and people through the shared experience of food. The post holder will therefore be required to cook as part of these events and therefore must have the ability, or the willingness/desire, to cook.
- Other Duties
- Recording and reporting on accurate statistics on Metal activity
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times
- You will work actively within Metal’s Equal Opportunities, Child Protection and Health and Safety Policies
- You will undertake any other duties reasonably requested by senior management Liverpool
This job description is a guide to the nature of the work. It is not wholly comprehensive or restrictive and may be reviewed with the Post Holder and Line Manager as required.
How To Apply:
Please apply with your CV (max 2 pages), a covering letter (max 2 pages), outlining systematically:
- Why the post as outlined above is of interest to you
- Details of your skills, interests, personal attributes and past experience that are relevant to this post
To apply for this post please email these documents to email@example.com
The deadline for all applications is 9:00 am Monday 11th December.