SoSlam and Metal proudly run a FREE Culture LAB for young singer / songwriters from across the Borough of Southend-on-Sea.
Up to 14 young musicians who create their own original material, this LAB gives the opportunity to work with each other alongside industry professionals for up to 5 days at Chalkwell Hall in Chalkwell Park.
Over the duration of the LAB, young people get the chance to play existing work, workshop with producers, musicians and promoters, and have the time to experiment with different ways of creating and writing new music for live performance and studio recording.
The week is also finished off with a live showcase to an invited audience and there will also be an opportunity (with your school’s permission) to play at additional gigs, which in the past have included Peggy Sues Music Bar, The Railway Hotel and Village Green arts and music festival.
Venue: Chalkwell Hall (in Chalkwell Park), Chalkwell Avenue, Southend SS0 8NB.
– Working together with other like minded young people
– Support network of peers
– Input from professionals
– Opportunity to learn new skills
– Inspiration for new ideas
– Opportunity for experience (recorded and live)
This FREE opportunity is aimed at young people who are:
– aged between 12 – 18 years.
– creating their own original material
– living in the Borough of Southend-on-Sea
– Complete the simple application form (link above)
– The form asks you to please write 150 words on how you think a LAB like this will help you as a musician / songwriter / performer
– The form asks you to send links of examples of your songs / performance to date if available (live gig filmed? / soundcloud / youtube / or other)
– Signed permission from a parent / guardian will be required from those under the age of 16.
Representatives from Soslam and Metal will select the winners based on the potential and promise shown and enthusiasm for what the opportunity offers you.
For more information:
email@example.com / 01702 470700
There are no related events.